To be sustainable, a plain-language programme must be aligned with a strategic company aim. The legal team needs to be part of a company-wide training programme with courses that are customised to their needs.
- Continue to work within company strategy and to train plain language
- Remove the split between legal and usable content
- Think about a framework to support informed decision-making
- Create multidisciplinary teams
- Adopt a research-driven approach to terminology
- End the copying of complicated wording from regulators
- Pay attention to ‘express consent’ in online agreements, especially when privacy related